A Glorification in Darkness

 Amid the tensions anent many things, of which, the most destructible is COVID. I recall some verses from a book I read.

THAT I WANT thee, only thee-let my heart repeat

without end. All desires that distract me, day and night, are false

and empty to the core.

As the night keeps hidden in its gloom the petition for light,

even thus in the depth of my unconsciousness rings the cry-I want thee,

only thee.

As the storm stills seeks its end in peace when it strikes against

peace with all its might, even thus my rebellion strikes against

thy love and still its cry is-I want thee, only thee.


However, it can be interpreted that it was written to call some divine power. I interpret it differently. I just had a feeling to share this awaken poem, and you are allowed to search for the poet who wrote these beautiful verses.

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the post. Print it.

2 Responses to A Glorification in Darkness

Leave a Reply